Ethics in Transition
It is clear now, transition is on, on lots of levels and areas, ESG regulation, talent hunt, and reputation pushing.
A whole new marketplace has opened for consultants, coaches, new guru’s, communicators, experts.ré-invented organisations, enlighted conscious leaders,…
But it also is a playground for industrial greenwashers, wanna-be experts, auto-proclaimed guru’s, green extremists, new age-, “green” investors- or crypto-opportunists, and collapso-businesses or fear-based populists.
The best and the worst. One fine line and balance to find, to outlive those emergent movements and shake-outs : ETHICS. The ones who work with ethics will stay, the others will be out of the game sooner or later.
- Walk the talk: talking yes, explaining how it “should” work yes. But, be an example is better.
- Connected to needs of the one in front of you: more than meeting your own needs of doing business and survive these changes, be connected, in an authentic way, to the needs of surrounding.
- From ego to inner values : our western world is full of-, and galvanized by ego. Exterior references. One of the major paradigm shifts to go through is to go behind the scenes, to the inner world, intangible, subtle, values-based. It thus reconnects with essential values in our whole ecosystem.
- Collective intelligence and hyper-diversity : do not think for a second you are going to succeed this transition alone. Cluster with inner- and forward-looking communities and peers. And then, non-judgementally, work in hyper-diversese collective intelligence. The more differences, the richer. Working with think-alikes will remain sterile.
- Multi-stakeholders : work openly in “multiple helix”. Whenever possible, connect with public services, NGO’s, media, schools and universities, academics, small, medium, or even larger companies, local politics.
- Connected to heart and hands : more than to the mind, feeling, doing, more than just talking and invoicing.
- Personal posture : continuous personal questioning, development, individual and collective therapy, mentoring, recovering sovereignty, conscious and humble progressing.
- Spiritual dimensions : consciously reconnecting, little by little, with Mother Earth, and genuinely with the project of humanity — at large — on this planet.
Rome was not built in a day… it will be a progressive growth to ethical action inside this mega-transition. We will learn, together.
Michel A. de Kemmeter