12 reasons why it is too late for a “restart” in the West capitalist world— and Eldorado is in the South
Now that Europe and USA launched their “post-covid plans” to restart their economies, here is why it is too late for “coming back to the usual”. Too late for that yes, but it is time for a new, reinvented, regenerative economy.
The war in Ukraine doesnt help. It just accelerates collapse and impoverishment, and is one of the last ways to plunder what is left on the sinking ship of the west. Incapacity to wisely deal with governance, and manage complexity, of all our leaders is clearly visible with the naked eye.
Lets put our aim to the symbolic date of 2030. What is waiting for us ?
- We are too old: soon we will be more elderly than working population, till after 2050;
- Energy transition is not guaranteed, at all, and energy blackouts are to be expected;
- Our job markets are exhausted: in every business area there is an exponential war for talent;
- Our people are exhausted, in collective psychosis, and upset about incompetence of leadership and of the future;
- People are getting poor faster and faster (energy costs,…);
- The dreams of Big Corp of total population control are collapsing by the week;
- Our sovereign states cannot finance repetitive climate and natural disasters — they are already virtually bankrupt, and tax incomes are going to lower each year;
- Education is near to the essential questions of agility, systemic management of complexity, human development, disruptive innovation;
- Political failure is visible with naked eye, the hour of judgement (elections) is close;
- The system is rusted, and is blocking innovations that are outward bound;
- Nobody cares about transition any more — the bill is going to be a multiple every year we waste;
- Systemic risks are gargantuesk.
We have to get ready for vast lifestyle limitation in the West.
Why is the South an eldorady ?
- They are young (80% under 30);
- They are used to being poor;
- Jobs are everywhere;
- People are happy and nice;
- People are poor already, and can only become wealthier by collaboration ;
- They are used to disasters;
- They are used to collaborate for survival, with their whole ecosystem;
- They can start from scratch — and innovate disruptively;
- A new generation of politics is emerging, of young, smart, conscious world citizens;
- Systemic risk ? What are you talking about ?
- There is no system to fight against;
- They are aware they have everything to win from transition.
That is why we start transcontinental projects North-South, where we can learn and experiment both ways.
Prof. Michel A. de Kemmeter